Get a free estimate
If you have questions about our services, plans, or pricing we are here for you. Fill out the form below and we will communicate with you by email (and of course provide you with a free estimate).
SEPTEMBER 14 2021 /
Both have the same goal but utilize different methods.
When you are having issues with insects or rodents at your home or business, your first instinct may be to call the exterminator. While you may use exterminator and pest management professional interchangeably, there are some key differences in how they treat. As stated earlier they both have the same goal but take very different approaches.
• Their main objective is to kill the pest, which means that they don’t always address the root of the problem.
• Exterminators don’t typically use IPM methods, they usually rely solely on pesticides to rid you of your pest issues.
• They also don’t always guarantee their work, so you may not be covered when the pest issue arises again as they’ve only found a temporary fix to a potential long-term problem.
Pest Management Professionals
• Pest Management Professionals (PMPs), like the ones at JP McHale Pest Management use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods to take care of the immediate pest issues, but also to prevent issues in the future.
• Following IPM methods means that the PMP forms a partnership with the client. They will ask questions to find out how the problem may have started, and they will give suggestions as to how to prevent pest issues in the future.
• PMP’s are environmentally conscious, using the most environmentally friendly materials to rid your home or business of pests. These materials are applied in a specific, targeted manner to be most effective and complete the job.
• PMPs want to find long term solutions for your pest issues, instead of just treating the pests you see with harmful chemicals, the technician wants to find out how the pests are getting in and figure out how to keep them out!
• PMPs are continually undergoing trainings to keep their education current with industry standards, and they are licensed to eliminate pests in the safest and most effective ways possible.
The qualified pest management professionals here at JP McHale Pest Management are ready to help you eliminate your pest issues in safe and environmentally conscious ways!