Archive for the Environmental Care Category
Posted on April 30, 2012 with No Comments
Looking for the #1 pest control company company in New York? You’ve come to the right place! We not only offer pest elimination – but also bed bug elimination, plant and lawn healthcare, tick and mosquito abatement and healthy home & healthy office solutions. Give our office a call and find our why you can count on JP McHale Pest Management Inc.!
Posted on April 18, 2012 with No Comments
In May of 2011, NY Officials Launched An Ash Borer Awareness Program
Thousands of ash trees around the state were marked with ribbons and signs to draw attention to a destructive insect that’s spread by people moving firewood from place to place.
The Department of Environmental Conservation has said the goal is to educate people about how they can help protect trees from infestation that devastates the landscape, habitats, and the forest product industry.
The only way to slow the spread of this pest is by raising awareness so people can spot infestations early, and to encourage people not to transport firewood.
Posted on January 6, 2012 with No Comments
EnviroCare Air Quality Restoration (EAQR), a division of JP McHale Pest Management Inc., located in Westchester County, New York. Envirocare LLC specializes in mold removal, flood restoration, air duct and dryer vent cleaning, crawl space restoration, power washing and repairs, basement waterproofing and roof cleaning, has recently added a blog to the EAQR website to raise awareness about environmental issues and how you can improve both your indoor and outdoor surroundings. This blog was launched not only to bring search engine optimization higher when searching for results of major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, but mainly to help local residents and business owners in Westchester County, New York that are searching online for qualified environmental services to find what they are looking for quickly, thus saving them time and frustration of how to choose the most qualified and best suited service provider.
Envirocare Air Quality Restoration is a family owned business with headquarters in Buchanan, New York. The company specializes in both residential and commercial mold removal, flood restoration, air duct and dryer vent cleaning, crawl space restoration, power washing and repairs, basement waterproofing and roof cleaning and serves New York City and the surrounding areas, including Westchester, NY; Connecticut and New Jersey.
Envirocare Air Quality Management (EAQR)
Richard McHale, Vice President
241 Bleakley Avenue
Buchanan, NY 10511
Phone: (914) 788-4454
Posted on November 30, 2011 with No Comments
Are you looking for pest control service for your commercial property? JP McHale Pest Management services New York, New Jersey and Connecticut and will customize a service plan based on your industries needs.
In addition to residential pest control we are experts in the following markets:
- Hospitality: Each location has a unique set of risks and vulnerability. Our experts have confronted each and everyone. Let us help you protect your brand!
- Pharmaceutical: These locations require the highest level of service. Bar coding, documentation and early detection are key components to an effective pest elimination program. When do we start?
- Property Managers: JP McHale Pest Management Inc. is your one stop shop to manage all pest problems that confront you. Partner up with us to deliver a seamless experience to your residents.
- Multi-Family Dwellings: Aggressive pest programs designed to crash existing cockroach, rodent, and bedbug populations. Enough said!
- Warehouse and Storage Facilities: Rodents and invasive pests can take up harborage, destroy and contaminate product. We can help you protect inventory from these disease carrying creatures. Call us today for an immediate appointment.
- Retail Stores: It only takes one pest sighting to spoil a clients image of you! Let us help you deliver the best product to your clients.
Posted on October 14, 2011 with No Comments
One of our valued customers, Ilana Donna Arazie, wrote an great article published by the Huffington Post titled Five Ways to Reboot and Recharge!
In the article Ilana talks about living in the country, dealing with bugs and how JP McHale’s Pest Management uses the best environmentally friendly products!
Keep it Clean and Environmentally Friendly
“Give yourself a full-day, or three, to organize and clean your home. When you clean and get rid of things you don’t need, you make room for new things and opportunities to come into your life. I also discovered that living in a country home means staying on bug alert. Good thing I met JP McHale out here who uses the best environmentally friendly products. He tells me, “Effective pest control is not just about killing bugs. It is about peace of mind, scientific expertise, immediate response and protecting this great earth we all live in.”
Posted on September 19, 2011 with No Comments
The Environment Protection Agency (EPA) issued a statement and warning today to New York City residents about an investigation conducted last week. The investigation revealed dangerous and illegal pesticides are widely available in New York City. They conducted 47 inspections and found 16 products being sold that are illegal. The use of illegal pesticides can be extremely dangerous! Just one year ago the EPA issued a fine against the chainstore 99cent Only for penalties for the sale of illegal unregistered and mis-branded pesticides contained in household products.
You can rest assured that all of the products used by our techician’s are EPA approved! We recommend that you don’t conduct do-it-yourself pest control. If you have a question about the product your New York pest control company is using; asked for the material safety data sheet (MSDS).
Posted on September 7, 2011 with No Comments
FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency) is setting up a help station at Westchester County Center in White Plains from 8AM-8PM seven days a week. They are available to discuss financial assistance with home and business owners affected by the recent weather patterns. Our subsidiary, EnviroCare Air Quality Restoration, has partnered with FEMA to restore many properties in the county. Contact Richard McHale to learn more about what is available to you and your property.
Please call us at (800) 479-2284 for immediate attention, live chat with us, tweet us, email us
Posted on June 13, 2011 with No Comments
Apples are one of America’s favorite fruit, coming in 2nd after bananas.
Recent studies have shown that pesticide residue may be lingering beneath the waxy coating of your favorite snack.
According to an article in the WSJ: 98% of apples that were reviewed contained traces of pesticides even after rinsing the fruit under cold water for 10 seconds, much like a precaution that you and I would take.
This sounds like a large number, but its okay!
The article reassures us of the harmlessness by reporting that only 3% of the pesticides detected were unapproved pesticides, or over the limit of proper pesticide dosages. The article also mentions that any of these unapproved or improper dosages may have innocently traveled via wind gusts from other orchards where they are being used properly for other types of produce.
This popular fruit has been listed at the top of the Environmental Working Group’s ‘Dirty Dozen’ with many other popular fruits and veggies. This being said, you should still take precautions, but if you cannot obtain organic, pesticide-free apples and other produce, you are not in harms’ way by consuming these miniscule amounts of product.
Posted on April 22, 2011 with No Comments
Here at JP McHale Pest Management we have taken many initiatives to continue to make our company more environmentally friendly. Earth Day is here! Over the last few years we have rolled out many new programs, services and products to every aspect of our business from typical office processes, to the services we perform every day in your homes.
We have laid out the many changes and improvements we have made as a company to improve out carbon footprint on this wonderful earth!
- JP McHale has a recycling program that recycles all plastics, metals (soda cans) as well as paper from our offices. We collected over $1750 last year, which is matched by the McHale family, personally. All of these funds are donated to local charities.
- Here at JP McHale we use many paper marketing materials to promote out products to customers, we have switched to a recycled paper called Neenah Green paper which is chlorine free and carbon neutral, which helps saves trees, water and energy.
- In the past, we were required to provide customers with a copy of every label from every product that we used on their property, the Department of Environmental Protection now allows us to provide this in digital format. We are now providing customer with CDs as well as offering all of our labels on our website. This drastically cuts down on the amount of paper we must use.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a technique we have used for a very long time. Specifically, we use passive traps (snap traps, glue boards, etc.) as well as active traps (insect light traps [ILTs], pheromone traps) to monitor and determine the level of infestation. Only when problems reach an action threshold do we employ chemical treatment. One available treatment is insect growth regulators, which act specifically on insects and are therefore non-toxic to humans. We also employ biological control (the BMRT microbial drain cleaner), which is a living organism that feeds on organic debris in drains. The benefit of biological controls is that they are population dependent. When all the gunk in the drain is gone, the microbes wash away and are perfectly harmless. Cultural controls such as the use of mattress covers and making suggestions for improved sanitation also reduce chemical applications.
- Over the last few years we have been rolling out more environmentally friendly programs that include our Tree and Turf Organic Lawn Program, as well as utilizing the power of garlic concentrate and many different soaps to achieve the same results as other, less green materials.
-During any of our work, if we need to dispose of any metals from our customer’s homes, this is brought back to our shop, and recycled.
- All of our trucks are equipped with high mileage oil filters. Rather than having to change our trucks oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, we extend the oil’s usage to about 30,000 miles!
- We have begun to roll out electronic handheld devices to our termite department. This allows more accurate reporting, as well as eliminating the need for service tickets.
From our family to yours…have a great Earth Day and change something in your daily routine to further reduce your carbon footprint!
Posted on September 9, 2010 with No Comments
Attention All Homeowners!
Have you ever had a Tree on your property that you thought may be rotting from the inside out and concerned it may be a danger to your family or home? Whether you’ve owned you’re home for years or in the process of purchasing one, you should have the trees inspected.
Trees in many cases can appear healthy on the outside even though a Carpenter Ant infestation or a cavity could be lurking on the inside. If you see mushrooms protruding from the base of a tree, something is happening on the inside.
JP McHale offers a service that utilizes a device that can measure the density of your trees beyond visual limitations. A probe is inserted into the tree by one of our specialists and a graph is generated highlighting a weakened interior.
Even healthy trees can pose a threat to people or property enhanced by strong winds, snow and rain. A hollow or rotten interior can increase that risk considerably.
Contact our Tree and Turf Department for more information about our new service!